SQL Server, RTIP & SCADA
- Draw towers (DTs) produces optical fibres at very high speed .
- To monitor the quality of fibre, multiple sensors was fitted at various stage of production.
- These sensors collect data about Lumps, Draw Breaks, Airline, BFD, and many more parameter.
- Using these data management could get insight on various KPIs like up time, Machine Efficiency, Draw yield, Pack yield, Optical yield, Optical yield, and Overall Efficiency.
- This data feed into database through Sensors > PLC > Historian > SQL Server.
- After production , during testing of optical fibre, defect data was provided in excel.
- System output was displayed to Operators and Management on SCADA and RTIP.
- Sterlite has its production units at multiple locations across the India.